We removed a beautiful outdoor hive from the Heinen farm on Friday, September 29th. Everything went smoothly (surprisingly) and we finished up in about an hour. Our only worry was that some of the bees started moving into the tire as we were cutting out the comb. We knew we would have a hard time getting them back out. Luckily, Kenny was able to find the queen and we moved her into the box. We left the box until after dark. We went back and loaded the box and brought it home. We released the queen on Sunday (10-1). We didn’t stay in the hive too long, but everything looked good so far.
*I don’t have as many pictures as I usually do because I had to help attach the pieces of comb to the frames.